La Jolla Plastic Surgery & Dermatology
9850 Genesee Ave #480
La Jolla, CA 92037
Phone: (858) 623-6333
Monday—Friday: 8 a.m.—5 p.m.
La Jolla Plastic Surgery & Dermatology
600 West Broadway #700
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 633-3100
Revision RhinoplastyAuthor: Dr. Richard Chaffoo
Across the country and right here in San Diego, revision rhinoplasty helps men and women who are disappointed with their initial nose surgery results to achieve the look they wanted all along. Because so many people undergo rhinoplasty, unfortunately there are patients who are unhappy with the results of their nose surgery. Of course, if you’re one of the “unlucky few,” you just want to know if your nose surgery can be corrected. Yes it can. It’s critically important to find a rhinoplasty specialist in San Diego, California who knows how to correct previous results in a pleasing way.
Triple board certified plastic surgeon Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS is that specialist. To learn more about revision rhinoplasty in San Diego, request your complimentary cosmetic consultation online or call (858) 623-6333 for an appointment.
How Revision Rhinoplasty Can Help
There are a few different scenarios when revision rhinoplasty, also called secondary rhinoplasty, is appropriate. You may have simply “outgrown” your current nose and want to change the contours accordingly. In other cases, patients pursue secondary rhinoplasty because the results of their original procedures were unfavorable. Common concerns treated by secondary rhinoplasty include the following:
- Respiratory problems caused by primary surgery
- Too much or not enough tissue removed
- Aesthetic complications including a hump, asymmetry, or excessive scarring
On the Reasons for Rhinoplasty page, Dr. Chaffoo reviews common concerns patients have about their nose, including those who have previously had rhinoplasty, his solutions to these concerns, and before & after photos of his actual revision patient cases.
Dr. Richard Chaffoo
Triple board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Chaffoo provides exceptional care and results. He has been recognized time and again as a Top Doc by patients and peers.Meet Dr. Chaffoo
Revision Rhinoplasty: Getting It Right
No plastic surgeon can or should guarantee your satisfaction. But, if they are trained in and experienced with the procedure (like Dr. Chaffoo), meticulous in nature (like Dr. Chaffoo) and possess true artistry (like Dr. Chaffoo), the likelihood of a satisfactory result is significantly increased. And that’s Dr. Chaffoo’s goal — to exceed your expectations. And, there’s something else that a plastic surgeon of Dr. Chaffoo’s caliber can do — he can correct nasal surgery that, unfortunately, went wrong somewhere else.
To get aesthetically pleasing results with minimal complications, you should select a rhinoplasty specialist who thoroughly understands both facial proportions and anatomy. Not all do. Dr. Chaffoo does:
- He’s triple board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, The American Board of Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) and The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery — imperative should you select a procedure such as rhinoplasty or a face lift
- Dr. Chaffoo has more than 20 years of experience with facial aesthetic surgery
- He has 9 years of postgraduate surgical training, including 2 surgical residencies (Plastic Surgery and Head & Neck Surgery)
- He holds fellowships and faculty positions at The University of California at San Diego, as well as at Stanford University
- Dr. Chaffoo was voted by the readers of La Jolla Light as one of the area’s top plastic surgeons
- His Temecula-area plastic surgery center was the first such practice in the Temecula Valley
- Dr. Chaffoo receives referrals from other plastic surgeons for their patients seeking revision rhinoplasty
If you’re considering nose surgery for the first time or hoping revision rhinoplasty can correct an unsatisfactory “nose job” performed elsewhere, San Diego plastic surgeon Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS can help. He has an office conveniently located close to you on Genesee Avenue in La Jolla on the Scripps Memorial Hospital Campus at the Ximed Medical Center. Request your complimentary cosmetic consultation online or call (858) 623-6333 for an appointment.
You demand the best from yourself. Dr. Chaffoo demands the best as well — from himself, from his staff and always for you.Back to Top